Tuesday, January 14, 2014

My Current View on Western Religion

I mentioned in my last post that I had completely turned away from Western ideologies in my quest for spirituality, but as a man of the world, I must make amends to that. The religions of the west, and when I use this phrase, I am referring mostly to Christianity because I know it the most, but my views are also applicable to Judaism and Islam, I'm sure, as they are all very similar constructs. I love Jesus, and I love his teachings, but the problems with Western approaches to spirituality was best summarized by Ghandi: "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
The problem with Christianity is it is a control system. Christ said for us to love one another and in any time of doubt, just pray to God and your prayers will be answered. The lie that Christianity is built upon is that God is not listening to us simple heathens, and instead our prayers have to be sent through some bullshit network of conduit 'greater-than-thou' Christians that have endowed their lives to the priesthood and climbed the social ladders of the church to become... closer to god somehow..? That doesn't sound like anything God would set up, and it wasn't. The modern day Catholic church especially is a control structure, built on laws, just like a government, meant to control people's lives, thoughts, and actions through fear, shame, and doubt. The teachings distance us from God, tell us that anything we enjoy is a sin or at the very least must be taken with an abundance of gratitude to the church(oh yeah that's their phrase: the church), make us one of the masses(oh god, the masses...) and always ask for the one thing the modern church is built upon anyway: money. The Vatican is sick. If all the money that went into developing that city of gold actually  went where the godfearing christians that 'sacrificed' it intended, people around the world would be suffering A WHOLE LOT LESS. Not to mention its a gratification system, where all the people within it feel guilty for pleasing themselves(a primal, often material, karmic form of joy), and must gratify themselves within the church every week, and suddenly they are back in the keen eye of salvation. It forms a construct that feeds the ego, even if it is a religious ego, and makes the practitioners feel superior to others, especially those who are not part of their religion, and therefore have to be 'saved' from their eternally damned lives. The whole thing is a bunch of shit, and none of the Christians I know actually know anything about the true love that Jesus taught, and are actually crafted into very judgemental beings that are much more likely to fixate on the differences(straight, gay, christian, jew, muslim, white, black, american, mexican) than the truth: we are ALL children of God. He said so himself. He loves all of us. He wants us all to love eachother equally and righteously.
If I need anything more to prove my argument that our modern constructs of religion are loads of heaping shit, look at what the Crusades were: christians going on a 'HOLY WAR'(WTF???), killing ALL who opposed them(basically anyone who didn't convert), because the Pope at the time claimed it was the 'will of God'. Ya, ok. That's like saying God willed the pre-Holocaust Holocaust. That's like claiming that Hitler was God. It all falls into the same basket of bullshit that we threw money into every Sunday for a 'greater good' that we were never allowed to see. I just don't buy that.

No comments:

Post a Comment